Forages for the Future newsletter #8 covers a wide range of countries and situations for forage R&D. The newsletter aims to help build a community that is interested and engaged in tropical and subtropical forage genetic resources, their conservation and utilization.
This issue runs stories on:
- Costa Rican Forage Network (CRFN)
- Forages for cattle in Indonesia
- Harmonizing CIAT & ILRI forage germplasm collections
- Forage as a catalyst for Lombok’s improved Bali cattle production
- Lablab purpureus: A dry-season feed in eastern Kenya
- Panicum coloratum: An alternative for less productive soils in Argentina
View Issue #8
The newsletter, “Forages for the Future”, launched in June 2016, is a first result of a meeting of experts in October 2015 in Bonn, Germany, to discuss a Global Strategy for the Conservation and Utilization of Tropical and Subtropical Forage Genetic Resources. The newsletter is published under the auspices of the CGIAR Genebank Platform. Its editors are Bruce Pengelly and Brigitte Maass, consultants of the Crop Trust.
All past issues can be found by visiting the Tropical Grasslands-Forrajes Tropicales online journal. To share your forage stories with the global community and/or receive upcoming issues directly to your inbox, please contact Brigitte Maass (Brigitte.Maass@yahoo.com) and Bruce Pengelly (Bruce.Pengelly@gmail.com).